The Girls' Brigade Logo: The crest is a registered trade mark of Girls' Brigade England & Wales. However, all Girls' Brigade companies around the world have the right to use it.
In the center is a Cross, the symbol of Christ and his Church. Below the cross is a Lamp, which represents the light of the Girls' Brigade shining upon the World. Above it is a Crown, of Christ as King. Behind it all, is a Torch, the flame of Christ's living spirit.
The badge incorporates symbols from the three original organizations and is, therefore, in itself a symbol of union, as well as faith and allegiance to the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Girls Brigade which formed in Ireland in 1893 brought in the Cross. The Girls' Guildry which formed in 1900 in Scotland brought in the Lamp. Lastly, the Girls' Life Brigade, which formed in 1902 in England, brought in the Crown. They amalgamated in 1964. A competition was held to design the crest for the amalgamated organization; it was won by Constance Fasham.
The international vision statement is "Girls' lives transformed, God's world enriched"
The Girls' Brigade's principles are as follows:
1. The Brigade acknowledges Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord according to the Scriptures and seeks to fulfil its aim to the glory of one God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit
2. The Brigade witnesses to the standard set by Jesus Christ and gives positive teaching on the Christian attitude to life
3. The Brigade promotes a just society where all people are equally valued.
The motto of the Girls' Brigade is "Seek, Serve and Follow Christ" and its Aim is "To help girls become followers of the Lord Jesus Christ and through self-control, reverence and a sense of responsibility to find true enrichment of life". Because of the youth development aspect of its work, the Girls' Brigade is a member of The National Council for Voluntary Youth Services (NCVYS) and has been since 1936, when it was one of NCVYS's founding organizations
The Boys' Brigade Logo: The crest was originally a plain anchor, bearing the BB motto with a capital 'B' on either side. Upon the merger between the Boys' Brigade and the Boys' Life Brigade in 1926, the red Greek cross was placed behind the anchor to form the current emblem. The cross originally formed part of emblem of the Boys' Life Brigade.
Hebrews 6:19 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
19 We have this hope, a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters the inner shrine behind the curtain,